Friday, July 8, 2011
I keep forgetting to post blogs!
Okay so I am not sure what to say. Thanks for reading? Well, today is friday and most of the class went to Paris and Bath and things and I think Kristen and I are the only ones in Oxford at the moment. Tomorrow there is supposed to be this Alice in Wonderland theme thing around the Oxford museums that sounds fun. A random thought about the Wednesday class about cloning, other than i found it fascinating, is that it reminded me of that Doctor Who episode last season (or this season? I think we are still in the same one) called The Rebel Flesh and it deals with cloning. Here is more information about the clones in that episode: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Eleventh_Doctor_(Ganger). Basically the 2 part episodes explored what it meant to create these "clones" willingly, as well as their treatment of the gangers and easy disposal of them, even though they do feel pain. The Doctor does try to get the gangers and their human counterparts to coexist but it doesn't entirely well for all of the humans. At the same time, being Doctor Who, the clones were not entirely copies of their human counterpart, but were a type of alien. I would go into more detail about the plot but i dont want to summarize the plot just in case some of you wanted to see it! You should check out that episode, even if you are not into sci-fi, i couldn't help but see parallels between the questions raised in that episode and our class discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment